Wednesday, March 17, 2010

April already?

So much has happened since January. How on Earth did we get to April so bloody quickly?!

Anyhoo, to sum up the last few months... Mum and Dad came to visit in February and we celebrated Mum's birthday while they were here. Michael rolled over on his ankle and tore a tendon. I'm seeing a physio for my bad knee and was told to stop jogging (but I haven't). Kayla is getting really stuck into her school work and recently enjoyed doing a big project on Obama. Daniel finally learned to ride a bike in. Grandma and Pa gave us a bit a scare with poor health, but are both doing much better now. I've just sent out invitations to Michael's 40th birthday party in April. The weather is getting cooler and Easter is knocking on the door!

*****

We went to the Australia Day concert at Parliament House.
We really just went to see Bertie Blackman, Michael's favourite singer of the moment.

"Blah blah blah"







Daniel was so good that the lady behind us commented and gave him lollipops!







We thought this was funny, until Daniel tried to run up and get a free hug!!!



I could not WAIT for the air show to be over. Terrifying.







Bertie...



*****

We dropped in on Ally, Joe, Dante and new bub. Had a lovely meal with them as the boys played happily together.







*****

Michael and Nan took Daniel to see the hot air balloons. They were cancelled due to bad weather unfortunately. I was still in bed as they left at some ungodly hour!!







*****

Mum and Dad came to stay in February which was lovely. We had a nice time with them and caught up with Alison and Joe again.




This was a particularly fun night. All three of us were sore for days from hard-core living room dancing!





*****

RANDOM!

Kayla bought me this gorgeous kitschy old painting from a junk shop. I love it!



I painted a scene from the rare book that I spent months trying to find for a reasonable price.



The original.



We finally got a decent vacuum cleaner! The amount of pet hair we sucked up on the first vacuum was horrifying.



We scored Nan and Pa's beautiful old table. Thankfully it fit in our small dining room quite nicely.



So now I'm just getting ready for the Easter break. Things are great at work, we're about to get busy again for Mother's Day. It's almost 12 months since we moved here and since I started working at Prouds. Hard to believe we ever went to Hindmarsh Island at all!

Miss all of you. Take care and stay in touch!

Kim xoxox

5 comments:

Craig & Sharon said...

Yep, April already. Pretty amazing how quickly time goes by. Love getting your blogs. You guys sound like Canberra is just the place to be, it's great to see you're having such great times. We've settled in Melbourne and going really well.
Oh and I'm sorry but we're not going to be able to make it over for Michael's 40th in April. It's a shame but I'm sure it's going to be a hoot! Take care & will email again soon. Love,Shaz

Bev said...

Great to see you have updated your Blog Kim. It was lovely to catch up with you and other family and friends in Canberra. Happy Easter to you all - hope you have a fun time!
Love Mum & Dad xxxx

Anonymous said...

I love that kitschy old painting!

Anonymous said...

Great stuff as usual.

In my opinion, jogging is not good for you. Walking is, though.

Bald_Eagle

marcime said...

I love that kitschy painting - and, you are a fabulous painter yourself apparently!

I'm one of the contributors at Writer's Rising and saw that you joined us - thought I'd come over for a quick peek and decided to lend my mug and follow you :)

There are a lot of Aussie bloggers part of Writer's Rising - I have a few on my blogroll on my own blog if you want to check them out - Sharnigans is one of them...Heather Conroy is another - she'd be listed in the Writer's Rising author roll...
(I am a fellow Commonealth blogger from Canada :)
Cheers!
M.