Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Another sick kid.

Well, Kayla finally recovered but now Daniel is having his turn. Three days of listlessness, anorexia and frequent napping. Today he finally vomited and is now eating again. His request just now for a chocolate ice cream smoothie was unfortunately denied.

Do our pets know when we're sick? Kitty never snuggles up to Daniel normally.


The chicken soup that made Kayla better.



Blueberries skyrocketed to $12.99 a punnet! I am so relieved they've come back down again. Even so, $4 a punnet still seems steep to me. I must Google how they're grown and picked. There must be a reason why they cost so much.



As promised...photos of us in our Taekwondo gear. Thanks to my regular yoga practice (I believe) my instructor thought I'd done it before and said I had amazing balance.





I love it when light does things like this.



I have spent the last week doing my tax return and application for the family tax benefit lump sum payment. I lodged both online which was no easy task I can assure you! But all is now calm in my household. Things are lodged and I can relax...until the audit.



Love to all.

Kim xox

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, pets know when you're ill - sometimes before you do.

Glad everyone's better.

Bald_Eagle

Kerri said...

I have that same candle holder!

ACTing Like A Mama said...

Yum - that soup looks so yummy and healthy that I feel better just looking at it (and am not even sick!). Love the TKD - outfits!

As for bluberries, they are my favourite too and we are in luck - Canberra is a great climate for growing them - we have just planted two bushes (they fruit in summer).

There are also some places not far from canberra that allow you to pick them (they are very prickly trees!) I think a 4 ltre ice cream container is $5 and you can fill it. The best thing about blueberries is that apparently they freeze well also (I have never had any left over to try!). It's a fun day out though so when december comes around check it out!

Anonymous said...

Tae Kwon Geeks!

Umm, I think alot of Blueberries are imported from NZ. That, and they have to be handpicked and it's twiddly work

xox
Alex