Thursday, June 4, 2009

I have a teenager.

*Please note: if you click on the photos, you can view them in their true resolution; they're not really that small. Right click on the photo and open in a new page, that way you won't have to return to the blog each time.*

The biggest news since my last update is Kayla's 13th birthday. We celebrated it with family and had a ball playing on the Wii. Here are some photos taken on the night.









I still can't believe I'm the mother of a teenager!













~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michael has been taking the kids up into the mountains hoping to find snow the last two weekends.

Last weekend they went with Phil and Jade. No snow, but they spotted some wildlife!



Can you see me?









On their way home they found some guys who'd taken a corner a little fast.



These photos are from yesterday morning. Michael and the kids got up at the crack of dawn. As most of you know, I don't do the crack of dawn.





I almost wish I had though, it would have been worth it just to have seen this gorgeous view in person.








They found ice, but no snow.









Kayla took this lovely photo of a mushroom for me because she knows how much I adore them.



These photos are from this morning; they finally found some snow! Daniel absolutely loved it and threw the first snowball! It was the kids' first time seeing snow (I'm still a snow virgin).








I just can't get over how beautiful the landscape looks in these photos. I'm definitely going with them next time!





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Random Stuff...

This was taken about three weekends ago, we were on our way out to a bbq.



Beef Stroganoff!



Daniel built this very complicated bulldozer entirely on his own. Amazing!







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Apart from a lingering cold things have been going pretty well. I'm still not finding it as cold as Hindmarsh Island even though it's been grey and raining for days now. Work is going well, but I've started applying for other jobs as well. I'd like something in administration if possible. I doubt it would be as much fun as retail, but it definitely pays better.

I'm still exercising several times a week. It's a lot harder to find the time these days, but I think if you really want something you will find the time. I'm currently recovering from a 45 minute cardiosculpt workout that I did yesterday. Every single muscle in my body is aching but it feels great in that weird way.

When I hopped on the scales this morning I was 68.2 kilos. I think I will probably land somewhere around 65 when I finally reach my goal. My goal isn't necessarily to lose weight, but to build more muscle and burn the excess fat from my body.

I think when people get hung up on their weight they lose sight of what they're really trying to achieve. I want to be really fit and healthy and look the best that I possibly can. Those are my real goals. I've also been toying with the idea of becoming a personal trainer or possibly even a nutritionist. I'm still thinking on it for now though.

That's about all the news I have for the moment. We're just plodding along slowly...working, enjoying life and thinking about how we're going to buy our own home again one day.

Kim xox

3 comments:

Sturre Family said...

Yay congratulations on teenagedom Kayla! You all look so happy to be together :)
Looking good Kimba (as usual)
Daniel did a great job following those instructions.
Loved the photos of the snow! Oh yeah, you are going to love the hairy drive up the mountain, Kim bwahahahaha.
Love you all xx

Anonymous said...

Ah, teenagers! The fun begins ...

Let me know the next time you feel the need to see snow. We usually get more than our share.

Bald_Eagle

Anonymous said...

A belated happy birthday to Kayla. My boy has just hit 16; not all teenagers are impossible, so don't assume it :) .
Fine pictures, as always. I'm glad all is going well.

My best to you all

SockPuppet