Sunday, March 29, 2009

Kayla's home at last!

*Please note: if you click on the photos, you can view them in their true resolution; they're not really that small. Right click on the photo and open in a new page, that way you won't have to return to the blog each time.*

We finally found a house! We'll be living in the suburb of Wanniassa, in Canberra. We won't be able to move in until the 21st of April, but we'll leave here on the 15th. Fingers crossed that our current house rents out quickly!! A huge thanks to Nan and Pa for all the driving around and open inspections they went to in order to help us find something!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am soooo happy to have Kayla home again. Daniel is following her around like a little shadow and hasn't stopped smiling. Because she only got back yesterday afternoon I decided to let Daniel stay home from school and spend the day with her.

She did really well at school in Alice and I hear she became a bit of a teacher's pet. I couldn't be more proud of her and I have to say another thank you, this time to Nanny and Grandad for looking after her so well for so long.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had my half sleeve worked on some more. The new additions are a very happy sun and some beautiful lotus flowers.







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news, I have finally dropped under 70 kilograms (69.6)! I haven't been this light since I was 16 years old!! I am ecstatic to say the least. The heaviest I've ever been was 97 kilos after Kayla was born, so I've come a long way.

When I began to exercise in earnest I weighed 77 kilos. I'd already lost a lot of weight, but I was neither toned nor fit and the weight was slowly creeping back on. I've been exercising five days a week since April last year.

I've been doing cross training to ensure that I'm working every part of my body and so that my body doesn't get used to any particular type of exercise. Some of what I've been doing includes weight training, pilates, aerobics, yoga, and jogging.

It hasn't been easy by any means and I had to endure through several injuries (bruised bunions, pulled muscles, strained lower back), but endure I did. I'm so glad I didn't give up when the going got tough.

I'm the strongest I've ever been and I have loads of energy now. The yoga and pilates have done wonders for my back problems too! I only wish I'd done this when I was younger and I'm sad that I spent the majority of my life overweight and unhappy when it didn't have to be that way.

Anyway, a major milestone has been reached and I just wanted to share it with all of you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We spent Saturday afternoon at Glenelg. We took Daniel to the Beachouse thinking it would be lots of fun for him. Apart from the fun castle it was just awful! We paid for a dozen games and rides and he bailed on all of them! Even the digger at the gold mine, the deer hunt and the Nascar race, Michael ended up taking over on all of them! It was like all the noise and flashing lights were just too much for him!

Most of the games were over in thirty seconds and a lot of them were those awful lolly/toy grab games (which I think is really just gambling for kids) where Daniel had zero chance of ever winning anything. He was upset and confused as to why he couldn't win anything and it broke my heart! At least he had a great time on the fun castle!











Afterwards we had gelati and sat on the lawn by the beach. We went for a walk on the beach and then on our way back to the car we saw some kids playing in a fountain. They were having so much fun that we let Daniel join in. He had far more fun there than at that stupid, rip-off Beachouse place!!!









After our big day we spent a relaxed night at Renee's and had delicious Indian takeaway and watched The Big Lebowski. Dude!!

I also managed to absolutely smash my bunion against a metal doorstop on Saturday night. Clever me! Anyone with a bunion will be cringing right now!



On Sunday we went to Kerri's birthday lunch at Concubine near Chinatown. By the time we arrived it was almost two and we had to pick Kayla up at 2:40. So at 2:10 we jumped up to leave (we'd ordered but our meals hadn't arrived yet). Michael raced off to get the car from the undercover parking lot and I limped across the road and waited for him to come past and pick me up. A few minutes later my mobile rang and it was Michael asking me if I had the ticket (the one you need in order to get out of the parking lot)!

So Renee and I started walking quickly back to the lot when Renee realised she could get there much quicker without me hobbling along behind her! So she ran off to find Michael and give him the ticket while I went across the road again and waited. Luckily there was no traffic and we arrived at the airport doors at exactly 2:40. Unfortunately Kayla had arrived at 2:30 and was waiting for us at the customer service desk! They rang me on my mobile to inform me of her whereabouts and I was sure I was going to find a tearful and panicked Kayla. She was as cool as a cucumber and not the least bit concerned.

We went back to the restaurant and had a delicious lunch. We left Adelaide around 4 and went to Kerri's at Victor Harbor for a few drinks to continue birthday celebrations. She very generously offered to cook us dinner but Kayla was desperate to get home and see her Kitty again so we called it a night.

It was a great weekend and I'm really going to miss my wonderful friends...Alex, Kerri and Renee...can't you all move to Canberra?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOOD!!

Daniel and I made these delicious banana chocolate chip muffins while Daddy was away.



I totally spoiled my little guy when Daddy was away. Mac and cheese!



Kerri gave me a courgette from her garden so I made a lovely quiche for lunch last week.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also have to brag about my gorgeous sister who is now a minor Internet celebrity!

That's all I've got for now. Take care everyone!

Kim xox

4 comments:

Sturre Family said...

Haha thanks for the plug! Great to read all the updates and CONGRATULATIONS on reaching your weight loss milestone - it must feel great; you certainly look fantastic.
Glad to hear Kayla is back home safely, we'll look forward to seeing all of you on your way through!
xx

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your sister, and to you as well; fitness, new house, sleeve :)
I don't know anything about bunions, except that they are a Bad Thing; I hope you're recovering.

All is well, mostly, in SockPuppetLand.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you're getting some stability. Good for you.

Great pix, as always. Love the sleeve.

Bald_Eagle

dan said...

sleeve looks fantastic. and you look great. glad to hear that you are feeling good and living healthy. congrats on the house!